Timballo di pasta
Pasta leftovers, preferably short pasta
Whole milk (best if fresh)
Salt and nutmeg
1. Prepare the bechamel sauce: the quantity needed depends on the pasta leftovers.
The following recipe is for ca. 120 gr of leftover pasta:
- Heat 200 ml of milk in a saucepan
- Separately melt 20g of butter over low heat
- Remove the butter from the heat and add 20g of flour all at once and mix with a whisk to avoid the formation of lumps
- Put back on low heat and stir constantly until it turns golden
- Keep stirring and pour some hot milk over the mixture to slightly dilute
- Add the rest of the milk, mixing everything vigorously with the whisk
- Cook 5-6 minutes on low heat until the sauce has thickened and starts to boil
2. Pour pasta leftovers and bechamel into a baking tray
3. Cover it with mozzarella cut into thin slices and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
4. Cook it in the oven at 200 degrees for about 15 min.
5. Serve immediately eventually with a fresh basil leaf.
Cooked to much long pasta? Check out another delicious recipe on how to recycle it: Frittata di Spaghetti.